Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NEDA Turkey Trot Photos Now Available

Red Black driving Beats Walkin'

NEDA's president Steven Thompson kicked off their 2012 season on Sunday, November 27 with their annual Turkey Trot.  Held at Steven's place in Silver Springs, Nevada, the event featured both a 20 mile ride and a 10 mile fun ride.  Beginning this year, riders who do the shorter fun rides will still accumulate points for year end mileage.  I had the privilege of helping mark trail for this one, so I actually got to see the whole trail.  I have always enjoyed the endurance rides, but getting to experience what the drivers and riders endure gives me a whole new appreciation for how beautiful their trails are, and a whole new respect for horses and humans alike.  I photographed riders as they cruised along the shores of Lake Lahontan and got some beautiful images.  My new found problem is trying to decide where to set up, because there are so many great locations from which to choose.  Strictly from an adrenaline point of view, I would have loved to be at some of those hills.  I guess those are more for participants than spectators though.  Maybe some day!  From what I hear, the most exciting spot would have been the home stretch.  Although I was inside printing, I hear it was quite a rush to the finish!  Congratulations to Beats Walkin' and Red Black for taking first.  I was also very happy to see four drivers at this event.  After all, NEDA is the National Endurance Driving Association.  

As always, no one went away hungry.  Special thanks to Tom Lewis and his four deep fried turkeys.  They were to die for.  Karen Nelson organized all the fixings, and there was enough to feed a small army.  Although a bit overcast, the weather was perfect, and it was a good turnout to start the new season.  The switch from Saturday to Sunday seemed work well for everyone.  A very special thank you to Steven Thompson for getting this all together and inviting me along, especially as he is adjusting to his new schedule.  You always keep it fun.  Thanks so much to all our friends at NEDA for their support and a great start to a new season.  Happy holidays to everyone!
Photos are now availble for viewing at my gallery:
www.projectionsphoto.printroom.com
Locate your image numbers and contact me directly to receive
Ride Day Special Discount Pricing.
775-315-3994 or projectionsphoto@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment