Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Shooting Challenge - August 26, 2012 - Sunflowers

Title:  Weeping Sunflower
Date Taken:  08-20-06
Location:  London, England
F-Stop:  f/3.7
Exposure Time:  1/350 Sec.
ISO:  400
Focal Length:  380mm
Photographer:  Kitty Carlisle

Several people have suggested I show flowers.  I love working in my garden, and back in Texas, I had over 100 rose bushes in my yard.  I really appreciate the beauty of flowers.  Honest.  But I find it more exciting to capture the bugs, and the birds, and the bees.  Quite frankly, I got sick to death of the sunflower when everyone had it in their kitchen, representing all that joy and sunshine.  It was just over kill.  But as photographers, our job is to see the ordinary in extraordinary situations.  Or is that to see the extraordinary in ordinary things?  Either way, we try to convey our emotions through the images we capture.  In my opinion, the above sunflowers were tired.  It was late in the day, and late in the season. The weather had been dreary. What does the image say to you?  I would love to see what the subject of sunflowers brings to your mind.  I welcome your comments and photos. 

Any suggestions or requests for future Shooting Challenges?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment