Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sierra Ghost Riders Wagon Train Photos Are Now Available

I had the privilege of attending Sierra Ghost Riders' Wagon Train last week.  Thanks to Steven Thompson for inviting me to tag along and to Terry & Jerry Myers for putting up with me for a week.  This was only my second wagon train, and mostly I felt in the way, but everyone was very friendly and hospitable.  It was great to see some familiar faces from the Highway 50 Wagon Train, and I met lots of new people as well.  It was such a blast to ride in the wagon.  The more I learn, the more impressed I become.  Gizmo survived a tumble from the wagon while it was rolling.  I guess he is working on his reputation as a "real dog."  I managed to escape with only minimal damage to the rental car, and no flat tire.  Seems like I was one of the few to avoid that particular malady.  I really enjoyed the historic route we took along Highway 50 in June, but this trip was all back country, through the pines, past lakes, and along winding paths.  It was nice to be out in nature.  I missed one day of the journey, because I had to come back to do a presentation on the previous  wagon train, and everyone was excited to know details of this trip too.  I am sure I will be asked to share events from this one as well in the future.  By far, my favorite part was Play Day during the layover.  It was very cool to see riders and drivers alike working their way through the obstacles.  Scott's favorite part was the party at the end of the trail.  Food, music, people, more food - he was in heaven.  He even got to ride.  Thanks to Garth for not dumping him and to Steven for bringing him back alive.  The Myers Family apparently wanted to keep their jinks tradition alive.  Jerry made it through with only minor unmentionable issues, but Terry was the one Carol had to watch over this year.  Thanks so much to you and Rachel for being life savers.  It was a pleasure to meet Terry's family and to hang out.  I think Annette Nylander did a great job as Wagon Master.  If you haven't ever participated, and you get the chance, I would strongly recommend checking out a wagon train.  Thanks everyone!

If anyone is interested in checking out photos from this event, please visit my gallery
www.projectionsphoto.printroom.com
If you would like to order prints or specialty items, please call me directly with image numbers, and I will give you Ride Day Discount Pricing.  You can reach me at 775-315-3994 or ProjectionsPhoto@aol.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment