Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Projections Photography's New Blog Reaches Milestone

As a young entrepreneur with a passion for photography, I established Sunshine Photography in Texas in 1980 as a way to pursue my interest in action photography.  My earliest days were spent as a sports correspondent for a local newspaper, but my drive to capture the action quickly led to a profitable business selling action photos to players in several sports.  Family portraits, weddings, and Seniors Photography logically followed.  As I worked toward my private pilot's license, aerial photography and airshow events were added to my specialty.  County fairs led to opportunities to work with animals and their owners for both personal and commercial sessions.  From the beginning, I gravitated toward working outdoors with natural lighting and shooting anything that moved.

After re-locating to Nevada permanently in 1999, Sunshine continued to grow in stock and commercial photography, drifting away from its roots in action photography.  Eager to get back to my first love, the decision was made to leave Sunshine Photography to the commercial side of the business and to establish Projections Photography to pursue the action in Nevada in 2008.
Looking for ways to promote the new business, many ideas were tossed around, including a blog.  I loved the concept of a blog not only providing a way to introduce Projections' products and services, but also as a vehicle to listen to our clients' opinions and desires.  With it's infancy stretching all the way back to 2010, the blog only really began to take shape in the summer of 2011.  The blog has been helpful in delivering special promotions, scholarship programs, and upcoming events.  It has been used to introduce new specialty items and outdoor photography locations.  The blog is a great way to inform clients of photos ready for viewing and announce limited edition sessions.  It has been used to take polls and to ask for suggestions.  I have enjoyed sharing highlights of special events and tips for improving photography.  Several followers are fellow photographers, and the blog is a great place to showcase work and to issue shooting challenges.  

I am very proud to announce Projections Photography's Blog hit a major milestone this week, hitting 1,000 visits, with the trip to the page titled, "Blaze of Glory."  Thanks to everyone who checks in on us upon occasion.  My goal is to continue to use the blog to promote two-way communication.  I want to hear from you!  I encourage more people to subscribe as followers, leave your comments, and participate in our polls.  Stay tuned in 2012 for even bigger and better things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment