Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shooting Challenge - January 29, 2012 - Self-Portrait


Title: Self-Portrait
Date Taken: 05-08-11
Location:  Carson City, Nevada
F-Stop:  f/7.1
Exposure Time:  1/400 sec
ISO:  400
Focal Length:  220mm
Photographer:  Kitty Carlisle
 
Dating all the way back to my first assignments in photography, I have always dreaded the subject of self-portraits.  As far as I am concerned, I am the photographer.  I am meant to be behind the camera, not in front of it.  Sometimes it is good to stretch into the not so comfortable territory, just to keep things exciting.  So the next time you are asked to come up with a self-portrait, have fun with it.  Get creative!  Reflections come in many forms.  Can you guess what surface I used to capture my image in this one?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment